- Unilever confirms Alberto Culver shareholder approval to acquire company for $3.7 billion
London & Rotterdam – Unilever today confirmed that Alberto Culver Company shareholders have voted in favour of the proposed US$3.7 billion Unilever acquisition, which was announced on September 27, 2010.
- Unilever N.V. and PLC Notification of Board Change
Unilever today announced that it is proposing that Mr Sunil Bharti Mittal join the Board as a Non-Executive Director. He will be proposed for election to the Board at the Annual General Meetings in London on 11 May and in Rotterdam on 12 May 2011.
- Unilever completes Sara Lee Personal Care & European Laundry acquisition
Unilever today confirmed that it has completed the acquisition of the Sara Lee Personal Care and European Laundry business.
- Unilever moves to Quarterly Trading Statements in April 2011
Unilever announced today that it will change the way it reports its results.
- Unilever further strengthens home & personal care business
EU Competition Authorities approve Unilever’s acquisition of Sara Lee Personal Care and European Laundry business.
- Unilever unveils plan to decouple business growth from environmental impact
Global consumer goods company Unilever today announced plans to decouple future growth from environmental impact.
- Third quarter results 2010
Another quarter of solid progress driven by our emerging markets business which again reported high levels of volume growth.
- Unilever and EVGA to collaborate in Greek Ice Cream Sector
Unilever and EVGA announced today that they have signed an agreement under which Unilever will acquire EVGA’s ice cream brands (amongst others, Scandal, Variete and Karabola) and distribution network, for an undisclosed amount.
- Unilever to acquire Alberto Culver
Successful brands such as TRESemmé, Nexxus, VO5, St Ives and Simple strengthen category positions in Hair Care and Skin Care.
- Unilever to sell its consumer tomato products business in Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil - Unilever today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to sell its consumer tomato products business in Brazil to Cargill for approximately R$600 million (around EUR 260 million).
- Unilever signs deal with Ampere Life Sciences
Unilever today announced that it has entered into a partnership to access Ampere's Digital Biology™ technology platform and secure exclusive rights for the development of innovative consumer products.
- Unilever leads Dow Jones Sustainability Index
Unilever has been named sustainability leader in the Food & Beverage 'super-sector' of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the twelfth consecutive year.
- Unilever acquires Diplom-Is operations in Denmark
09/08/2010: Unilever signs asset purchase agreement with the Norwegian dairy group TINE, to acquire the activities of Diplom-Is in Denmark, as of 30th September 2010.
- Second quarter and half-year results 2010
Volume momentum sustained whilst investing for the long term.
- Unilever sells Italian frozen foods business to Birds Eye Iglo
Unilever today announced that it has signed a binding agreement for the sale of its Italian Frozen Foods business, Findus to a company in which Birds Eye Iglo has a significant stake for a consideration of €805 million.
- Unilever commits to sustainable sourcing of paper packaging
Unilever today published its sustainable paper and board packaging sourcing policy as part of its commitment to double the size of the business while reducing its environmental impact.
- Dove for Men to be Unilever’s lead advert on new Apple platform
Unilever will be the consumer goods presenting advertiser on the new iAD platform unveiled today by Steve Jobs at Apple’s Worldwide Developers conference in California.
- The European Commission expected to move to phase II for the personal care and European laundry business of Sara Lee
Unilever’s acquisition of the Personal Care and European Laundry business of the Sara Lee Corporation is expected to move to Phase II of the European Commission’s approval process.
- Annual General Meeting Rotterdam, all resolutions approved
Rotterdam, 11 May 2010 - Unilever N.V. shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the annual general meeting in Rotterdam. Voting was by poll on each resolution and the results are set out below.
- Position of major holders of preference shares on proposal to cancel and buy back existing preference shares
On 29 March 2010, Unilever N.V. announced a proposal to its general meeting of shareholders to improve and simplify its corporate governance and capital structure.
- First quarter 2010 results
Unilever's first quarter 2010 results announced today.
- Unilever Italy & Findus
Unilever Italy accelerates its growth ambitions, focusing on international brands and announces intention to seek buyer for Findus frozen foods business.
- Unilever's Europe-wide palm oil covered sustainably
Unilever today announced that it has secured enough GreenPalm certificates of sustainable palm oil to cover the requirements of its European business; as well as those of its business in Australia and New Zealand
- Unilever N.V. takes steps to further improve corporate governance
Rotterdam - Unilever N.V. today announced proposals to improve and simplify its corporate governance and capital structure. Unilever N.V. intends to propose to cancel its 4% cumulative preference shares and to seek authorisation to buy back its 6% and 7% cumulative preference shares.
- Vindi Banga to leave Unilever
Unilever today announced that Vindi Banga, currently President, Global Foods, Home and Personal Care and member of the Unilever Executive has decided to leave Unilever at the end of May after a distinguished career of 33 years.
- Unilever appoints new chief marketing & communications officer
Unilever today announced that Keith Weed will be appointed Chief Marketing & Communications Officer.
- Unilever board changes
Unilever today announced that Leon Brittan, Wim Dik and Narayana Murthy will be retiring from the Board at the Annual General Meetings in May this year.
- Unilever aims to double business, whilst reducing environmental footprint
Strategy will require new business model and partnerships.
- Unilever realigns portfolio of media agencies
Unilever realigns portfolio of media agencies to reach its 2 billion consumers more effectively.
- Unilever nominates new Chief Legal Officer and Group Secretary
Unilever today announced that it had nominated Tonia Lovell as its next Chief Legal Officer and Group Secretary.
- Q4 and full-year 2009 results
Unilever's fourth quarter and full-year 2009 results announced today.
- Unilever donates $500,000 to Haiti earthquake victims
Unilever donates $500,000 to United Nations World Food Programme for relief aid to Haiti earthquake victims.