- Unilever cooperates with Enterprise Chamber inquiry
In a decision today the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal has decided to start an inquiry with regard to the 5 euro cents preference shares in Unilever N.V.
- Unilever Portugal restructures Foods businesses
Unilever today announced that it will be restructuring its Portuguese foods business with its current joint venture partner, Jerónimo Martins Group.
- Unilever sells frozen pizza business
Unilever today announced that it has signed definitive agreements to sell its frozen pizza business and baguette business to Dr Oetker of Bielefeld, Germany for an undisclosed sum, subject to regulatory approval where required.
- Unilever awards European media planning & buying account to MindShare
Unilever has decided to award its account for planning and buying media across Europe to MindShare in most of those countries where it does not already hold the responsibility - subject to finalising the terms of the Agreement. In the majority of markets, this will be effective from 1 January 2005.
- Unilever's 2004 third quarter results telephone conference call / webcast
Unilever's third quarter results and interim dividend for 2004 will be published at 08:00hrs. NL/07:00 hrs. UK time on Wednesday, 27 October 2004.
- Unilever trading update
Unilever is revising its earnings guidance reflecting a determination to return the business to growth. We now expect low single digit earnings per share growth (beia) for the full year 2004.
- Unilever Nederland bundles the activities of all operating companies in Rotterdam
Unilever Nederland plans to create a new 'Unilever Nederland operating company' in the second quarter of 2005, combining the existing three consumer operating companies.
- Unilever's 2004 second quarter and first half year results telephone conference call / webcast
Unilever's second quarter and first half year results for 2004 will be published at 0700hrs (London time) on Wednesday, July 28 2004.
- Unilever North Africa announcement
Unilever today confirmed that Rachid Mohammed Rachid, Business President North Africa, Middle East & Turkey (NAMET), was this week appointed to the Government of Egypt as Minister of Industry & Foreign Trade.
- Anthonie Stal succeeds Anthony Simon as President Marketing Foods Division
Anthony Simon, currently President Marketing Foods Division, will retire on 1 August from Unilever after 36 years of distinguished service to Unilever and Bestfoods.
- Unilever's 2004 first quarter results teleconference
Unilever's first quarter results for the year 2004 will be published at 0700hrs (London time) on Wednesday, April 28 2004.
- Unilever extends listing of €0.05 preference shares
Unilever announces today that it has decided, in consultation with Euronext, to extend the listing of the Unilever N.V. €0.05 preference shares (‘Prefs’) until, at the latest, the moment these Prefs are redeemed by Unilever.
- Unilever to convert €0.05 N.V. preference shares during Q1 2005
Unilever announced today that it intends to exercise its option to convert its €0.05 N.V. preference shares into ordinary Unilever N.V. shares during the first quarter of 2005. The conversion will follow the terms stipulated in the original information memorandum and in Unilever’s Articles of Association.
- Unilever introduces new corporate brand
The new Unilever brand was introduced today. It will support the launch of the company's new Vitality mission, announced on February 12, when Unilever set its future direction.
- Bernd Ellmann to become President Ice Cream and Frozen Foods Europe
Bernd Ellmann (56) has been appointed Business Group President, Ice Cream and Frozen Foods Europe, with effect from 1 June 2004. He succeeds Kees van der Graaf, who has been nominated a Member of the Board and who will become Foods Director.
- Unilever agrees sale of Mexican edible oil business
Unilever Mexico has agreed to sell its edible oils and white fats business to a Mexican subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc, for US$110 million cash. Subject to regulatory approval, the transaction is expected to be completed within two months.
- Unilever Board changes
Niall FitzGerald KBE will retire from the Boards of Unilever PLC and N.V. and from the Chairmanship of Unilever PLC and the Vice-Chairmanship of Unilever N.V., on 30th September 2004. He will by that time have served Unilever for 37 years.
- Unilever puts vitality at core of new mission
As it enters the final year of its Path to Growth programme Unilever has today unveiled its new mission taking it beyond 2004.
- Unilever submits plans for redevelopment of Unilever House headquarters
Unilever has submitted a planning application to the City of London Corporation for the redevelopment of its landmark Unilever House headquarters in Blackfriars.
- Unilever Chairman calls for fresh EU push on Doha trade round
Niall FitzGerald, Chairman of Unilever, today urged the EU to respond quickly and positively to the recent US initiative on the WTO Doha development round.
- Unilever’s 2003 full year results and path to growth progress & delivery of value beyond 2004 telephone conference call / webcast
Unilever’s fourth quarter and provisional full year results for the year 2003 will be published at 0700hrs (London time) on Thursday, February 12 2004. The following teleconference and webcast arrangements are in place:
- Unilever financial calendar 2004
The payment timetable for Unilever 2003 final dividends and the 2004 interim dividends will be as follows:
- Unilever appointments
Unilever announced today that Harish Manwani (50), currently president of Home and Personal Care, Latin America, will succeed Charles Strauss as president of Home and Personal Care, North America, with effect from March 1 2004. It was announced earlier this week that Mr Strauss, a director of Unilever, will retire from the boards of Unilever N.V. and Unilever PLC in May.
- Unilever board announcement
Unilever announces that Charles Strauss (61 years) has expressed the wish to retire from the boards of Unilever N.V. and Unilever PLC following the annual general meetings on May 12, 2004. At that time he will have served Unilever for 18 years, the last four of them as a director.