- Unilever positive about Dutch corporate governance code
Unilever noted with much appreciation the definitive version of the Dutch Corporate Governance Code that was presented today by the Tabaksblat Committee.
- Transatlantic Business Dialogue announces 2004–5 co-chairs
The Coca-Cola Company's Douglas N. Daft and Unilever's Niall FitzGerald will lead revitalised TABD.
- Board of directors and management advisory committee for Pepsi Lipton International JV announced
Unilever and PepsiCo announced today the following appointments to the Board of their joint venture Pepsi Lipton International.
- Honorary doctorate for Antony Burgmans
Antony Burgmans, chairman of Unilever N.V., has been awarded an honorary Doctorate of Laws (LL.D.) at Lancaster University in recognition of his distinguished career in business with Unilever and as a leading international figure in the management discipline.
- Antony Burgmans, Unilever Chairman: Tackling overweight, a task for society as a whole
"Obesity or overweight is a growing problem of worldwide proportions and one that can only be solved if all those concerned work together and accept their responsibility. Unilever, as one of the big companies in the foods industry, recognised the problem a long time ago and drew up a policy in which extra attention is focused on 'good for you' products."
- Unilever agrees sale of Ambrosia to Premier Foods
Unilever has agreed to sell its Ambrosia and Brown & Polson businesses to Premier Foods for an undisclosed sum. Completion is expected at the end of November following consultation with employees.
- Luxembourg court rules against Irish cabinet exclusivity
The Court of First Instance in Luxembourg has today (Thursday October 23) ruled in favour of the European Commission's decision banning Unilever's Irish ice cream business, HB Ice Cream, from seeking freezer cabinet exclusivity for their products in the Irish market.
- Unilever trading update
Unilever reports continuing strong margin improvement and reconfirms low double-digit growth in earnings per share (beia) for the year but with growth of its leading brands now expected to be below 3%.
- Unilever Chairman welcomes government intention to remove obstacles to Euro entry
Niall FitzGerald KBE, Chairman of Unilever responds to the Government’s announcement that it intends to address the obstacles standing in the way of meeting its five economic tests and keep open the prospect of a referendum in this Parliament.
- Unilever donates prize money to initiatives concerned with sustainable agriculture
Unilever has decided to double the Royal Award for Food Innovation prize money to €40 000 and to donate it to three initiatives that encourage sustainable agriculture.
- Unilever agrees to sell its US and Canada oral care brands to Church & Dwight
Unilever today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its oral care brands in the United States and Canada to Church & Dwight of Princeton, NJ.
- Unilever positive about draft code of Tabaksblat Committee
Unilever largely endorses the principles of the draft code for corporate governance that was presented by the Tabaksblat Committee.
- Unilever pre-results update
As previously announced, Unilever will be holding its planned pre-results update on Monday, June 23, ahead of the 2003 Second Quarter and First Half Year Results on Wednesday, July 30 2003.
- Unilever pre-results update
Despite a tougher business environment, Unilever has re-affirmed it expects to meet its earnings outlook for the year 2003. This is despite a slower than expected first-half sales performance and a revised outlook for leading brand growth of some 4% for the year.
- Unilever Chairman calls on Prime Minister to recommend euro entry
Unilever chairman Niall FitzGerald calls on Prime Minister Tony Blair to follow his instincts on the euro and recommend Britain's entry into the single currency.
- European Competitiveness in a Global Context by Niall FitzGerald
Speech by Niall FitzGerald KBE, Chairman of Unilever at CBI Brussels Dinner, 27th May 2003
- Unilever to sell Purfleet edible oil refinery
Unilever announced today that it is to sell its Van den Bergh Oils business in the UK, to Pura Foods Ltd, a subsidiary of ADM International Ltd, as part of its Path to Growth strategy to focus on leading brands.
- Unilever annual meetings: shareholders approve all resolutions
Unilever shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the annual general meetings in Rotterdam and London.
- Unilever's Q1 2003 Quarterly Results
Unilever’s results for the first quarter of 2003 will be announced in the usual way on Friday, 2 May 2003 at 08.00 hours Continental European Time.
- Pre-result update Monday 24 March 2003
As previously announced, Unilever will be holding its planned pre-results update on Monday, 24 March ahead of the 2003 first quarter results on Friday, 2 May 2003.
- Unilever announces biggest ever investment in ice cream category
Unilever today unveiled plans to shake up the ice cream market and strengthen its global leadership by boosting its €5 billion global ice cream business.
- Unilever to acquire outstanding shares in Asian foods joint venture
Unilever is further strengthening its foods operations across the fast growing Asia market with an agreement to acquire the outstanding shares in CPC/Aji Asia, a 50–50 joint venture with activities in six countries, from Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Japan.
- Q4 and provisional full year results 2002 teleconference/webcast
Unilever’s fourth quarter and provisional full year results for the year 2002 will be published at 0700hrs (London time) on Thursday, February 13 2003.
- Unilever's provisional annual results and dividend
Unilever’s provisional annual results and the proposed final dividend for 2002 will be announced in the morning of Thursday, 13 February, at 08.00 hours Continental European Time.
- Unilever plans sale of French home-vending operation
Unilever announced today its intention to sell to Toupargel its Frigedoc business in order to focus its French ice cream and frozen foods business behind its leading brands.