- Provisional annual results and dividend
Unilever’s provisional annual results and proposed final dividend to be announced on Thursday, 14 February 2002.
- Q4 2002 pre-close teleconference
As previously announced, Unilever will be holding its planned pre-close teleconference on Wednesday, December 18, ahead of the 2002 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results on Thursday, February 13 2003.
- Unilever sells shareholding in Malaysian palm oil estates to Palmco
Unilever announced today that it has reached agreement to sell its shareholdings in Unipamol Malaysia Sdn. Bhd and Pamol Plantations Sdn Bhd (the Pamol Group) to Palmco of Malaysia, a subsidiary of IOI Corporation for € 152m.
- Unilever agrees to sell Iberia Foods
Unilever today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its Iberia Foods business to an affiliate of the Brooklyn Bottling Group ("BBG") of Brooklyn, New York. The sale of this distributor of food and cleaning products to Hispanic-American consumers is expected to be completed by year end. Financials terms of the deal are not being disclosed.
- Unilever issues 30 year US$1 billion bond
Unilever through its wholly owned subsidiary Unilever Capital Corporation rated A1 (stable) / A+ (stable) priced today a $1 billion 30 year SEC registered Global Bond. The issue is guaranteed jointly and severally by Unilever N.V., Unilever PLC and Unilever United States, Inc.
- Unilever signs its largest ever IT deal
Unilever has signed its largest ever IT deal – worth €1 billion – with BT for the provision of global voice, data and mobile services.
- Basis for innovation under threat in the Netherlands
‘There is a threat that the knowledge infrastructure that is needed as a basis for an innovative climate that encourages companies to carry out R&D in the Netherlands may start to crumble away.’
These words were spoken today by Unilever chairman Antony Burgmans at the annual presentation of the Unilever Research Prizes in Vlaardingen.
- Q3 2002 results
Unilever today announced its third quarter results 2002 and interim dividends.
- Unilever's 2002 Q3 results telephone conference call / webcast
Unilever’s third quarter results and interim dividends for 2002 will be published at 08:00 hrs. NL/07:00 hrs. UK time on Wednesday, 30 October 2002.
- Q3 2002 Unilever results
Unilever's results for the third quarter and the interim dividend for 2002 will be announced in the morning of Wednesday 30 October, at 08.00 hours Continental European Time.
- The Unilever Series at Tate Modern - a five year £1.25m sponsorship with creativity at its heart
For the third year, the Unilever Series sponsorship at Tate Modern has enabled an internationally-renowned artist to create a new, inspirational work of art for the gallery’s massive Turbine Hall. It also allows Tate Modern to continue to offer the public a dramatic new installation free of charge each year.
- Unilever to invest €170M in corporate venturing
Unilever is to invest €170 million in building business opportunities close to its core business interests in Foods and Home and Personal Care.
- Unilever issues a new five year Eurobond
Unilever issues a five year Eurobond of €1 billion.
- Sale of Loders Croklaan Imminent
Unilever announced today that it will sell its international speciality oils and fats business, Loders Croklaan Group to IOI Corporation Berhad of Malaysia for € 217 million in cash. Discussions between the two firms are sufficiently advanced for official procedures with the Works Council and Trade Unions in the Netherlands to be started.
- Announcement of Q2 & interim results 2002
Unilever today announced the second quarter and first half year results 2002.
- Q2 and second quarter results 2002 teleconference
Unilever’s second quarter and first half year results for 2002 will be published at 08:00 hrs. NL/07:00 hrs. UK time on Wednesday, 31 July 2002.
- Second quarter and first half year results 2002
Unilever’s results for the second quarter and first half year of 2002 will be announced in the usual way on Wednesday, 31 July 2002 at 08.00 hours Continental European Time.
- Henning Rehder appointed Unilever group treasurer
Unilever has appointed Mr Henning Rehder (49) as Group Treasurer. He succeeded Mr Jan Haars, who has accepted a position at TPG N.V. Henning Rehder assumed his new role on 1 July 2002.
- Unilever's Q2 pre-close teleconference, 24 June 2002
As previously announced, Unilever will be holding its planned pre-close teleconference on Monday, June 24, ahead of the 2002 Second Quarter and First Half Year Results on Wednesday, July 31 2002.
- Unilever signs largest advertising deal in UK media history
The largest advertising deal of its kind in the UK – worth £320 million (€500m) – has been signed by Unilever with Carlton Sales and Granada Media Sales.
- Bring down OECD trade barriers in interests of consumers
Unilever chairman calls for "fairer world trading system"
- Unilever AGMs: shareholders approve all resolutions
Unilever shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the annual general meetings in Rotterdam and London.
- International trade and investment critical to developing countries says Unilever chairman
International businesses have a role to play in tackling the "woefully inadequate conditions" in which far too many in developing countries live, says Niall FitzGerald, chairman of Unilever.
- Unilever completes sale of DiverseyLever to Johnson Wax Professional
Unilever today announced the completion of the sale of its DiverseyLever institutional and industrial cleaning business to Johnson Wax Professional. The transaction is valued at €1,725 million.
- Unilever plans sale of Loders Croklaan Group
Unilever announced today that it intends to sell its international speciality oils and fats business, Loders Croklaan Group, as part of its Path to Growth strategy which focuses on core activities.
- Unilever issues fixed rate note
Unilever launched a Eurobond of US$650 million today.
- Jeroen van der Veer appointed Unilever advisory director
Mr Jeroen van der Veer (54) has been appointed an Advisory Director of Unilever with effect from 1 May 2002. He will serve as a member of the Nomination and Remuneration Committees.
- Unilever's first quarter results 2002 telephone conference call/webcast
Rotterdam, 24 April.- Unilever’s first quarter results for the year 2002 will be published at 08:00 hrs. NL/07:00 hrs. UK time on Friday, 26 April 2002.
- Unilever sells Mazola and other North American food brands to ACH Food Companies Inc. for €406 million (US$360 million)
Unilever today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell 19 food brands sold across North America to ACH Food Companies, Inc., of Memphis, Tennessee, a subsidiary of Associated British Foods plc. Unilever will receive €406 million (US$360 million) in cash in a transaction expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2002, subject to regulatory approvals and certain other conditions.
- Unilever announces alliance with JC Decaux
Unilever, the world's largest advertiser, today announced that it has entered into a long term pan-European outdoor advertising alliance with JCDecaux. The alliance involves the utilisation of JCDecaux’s outdoor networks and a commitment to develop a strategic partnership in Developing & Emerging markets.
- Unilever Q1 2002 results
Unilever’s results for the first quarter of 2002 will be announced in the usual way on Friday, 26 April 2002 at 08.00 hours Continental European Time.
- Unilever chairman Antony Burgmans calls for action on food safety and sustainable agriculture
Unilever chairman Antony Burgmans today called for an integrated approach on food safety and sustainable agriculture.
- Unilever teleconference presentation
"Unilever comfortable with outlook for the year for earnings and leading brand growth"
- Anish Kapoor to create next work for Unilever Series at Tate Modern
Tate and Unilever today announced that Indian-born, British artist Anish Kapoor is to undertake the third in The Unilever Series of commissions for the Turbine Hall at Tate Modern.
- Q1 2002 pre-close teleconference: Monday 25 March 2002
As previously announced, Unilever will be holding its planned pre-close teleconference on Monday, 25 March, ahead of the 2002 First Quarter Results on Friday, 26 April 2002.
- Unilever to boost sponsorship spend?
Unilever is considering a dramatic increase in the amount it allocates to sponsorship within the $4 billion spent annually on communicating to consumers. A world-wide training programme is being launched to examine the options and help its marketers and agencies make better, more efficient and more effective use of sponsorship.
- New Unilever corporate website is launched
Unilever.com has been redesigned and relaunched with facilities that will make it easier for visitors to our site to find the information they need, more quickly.
- Unilever dividend timetable 2002
The payment timetable for Unilever 2001 final dividends and the 2002 interim dividends has been announced.
- Niall FitzGerald calls for revival of European Economic Forum Programme
Unilever chairman Niall FitzGerald will today call for a renewed drive to make Europe the world's most competitive and dynamic economy. He will urge the European Union’s institutions, member states and businesses to use the successful roll-out of euro notes and coins as an opportunity to breathe new life into the ten-year programme of economic and social modernisation agreed by EU leaders at the Lisbon summit in March 2000.